|Lindstrom-Center City High School - CHI HI Class of 62 Fifty Year Reunion|
THE BUILDING OF CHI-HI
In 1916 a new high school was approved by Lindstrom and Center City. The spot chosen was a piece of land between the two towns near the lakes. This proud new brick building (shown above), widely known as "Chi Hi," was finished in 1917, the same year in which the first class to matriculate all 12 years in a Lindstrom school was gradulated. Two of the members of the class, Arvid Victor and Marcella Monson, were long time residents of the area. Arvid Victor took the many movies of the Senior Classes through the years.
Many consolidation votes were defeated until finally, in the summer of 1969, residents of School Districts 136 (Chisago City), and 137 (Lindstrom-Center City-Shafer) voted for consolidation by a margin of three to one, and School District 141--Chisago Lakes Area Schools--was created. It took until 1974 to pass a bond issue to build the current school on Olinda Trail in Lindstrom. The Chisago Lakes Middle School, grades six through eight, is on the site between Lindstrom and Center City. The original section of the school building has since been removed.
Taylors Falls was added to the School District, now District 2144, in 1993.
|CHI HI Class Of 62 2007 Copyright All rights reserved. Web Tyler Smith
611 South Holcombe Street, Stillwater, Minnesota 55082 (651) 439-4527